It's not easy to talk about 40's make-up. The hunger due to war was so intense that made women's eyes seem weak and tired. That's why they used the eye-liner; to make their look vivider. Their skin and lips was pale, so they they prefered pink blush for the cheeks and the red lipstick. All these tricks made them glamorous despite the awful circumstances.
If u want to succeed a 40's make up, here r the steps:
- Create a clean base with make up & powder.
- Neutral mat shadow
- Slim eye-line
- Create contour by a brown mat shadow above the socket line.
- Don't put anything at the bottom lashes or inside the eye. The only thing u can use is a beige pencil.
- Black mascara
- Round pink blush
- Colour your eyebrows to match with your hair.
- Shimmer powder above the blush.
- Red red red lips. No lip gloss plz!